Prof. Ernst Neufert1952–1955
The dormitory was one of the 11 "master buildings" that were to give Darmstadt a new appearance after the Second World War.
Three of the four structures form a 4-storey and U-shaped building ring, which is connected to an 8-storey high-rise building.
Most of the apartments are located in the high-rise building. A dark block with clinker brick faced exterior walls and balconies made of exposed concrete. The dormitory on Mathildenhöhe originally had 156 apartments.